Rajasthan Administrative Services is a state-level test in Rajasthan that selects a small number of students to manage the state. The Rajasthan Administrative Services test, administered by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission, attracts thousands of students each year. The Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) was founded in 1949 and is administered by the state government of Rajasthan. The firm aspires to organise a variety of admission tests and hire people in Rajasthan. The RTS and RPS exams, as well as other recruitment initiatives, are managed by the RPSC.
Different salary schedules are provided by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) for various RAS jobs. The compensation of a RAS officer is determined using the formula devised by the Seventh Salary Committee. Candidates can earn a variety of benefits in addition to the RAS pay in Rajasthan. The salary of a RAS officer ranges from 33,500 to 66,000 rupees.
Students have hope of being picked in this extremely competitive exam, but only a small percentage of those who prepare with the right strategy and proper planning succeed. The RAS test pattern, eligibility, and RAS Preparation Tips will be further discussed below.
The Rajasthan Public Service Commission conducts the RAS test every year to identify deserving students to fill 400 to 450 vacancies. Before you begin studying for such a distinguished exam, you must first familiarise yourself with the RAS exam’s qualifying requirements and exam format.
This is the first part of the RAS test, and it is open to any student. The RAS pre is only a qualifying exam, and no marks are contributed to the final merit list. There are 150 questions in total, with a total of 200 points. The duration is three hours. The paper is made up of General Science and General Awareness questions.
The difficulty level of the questions is that of a graduate student. The pre-exam syllabus includes Rajasthan’s history, culture, art, heritage, and tradition, as well as India’s ancient, mediaeval, and modern history. India’s and the world’s geography; Rajasthan’s geography; India’s Constitution, Political System, and Governance; Rajasthan’s Administrative and Political Systems; Rajasthan’s Economy; Science and Technology; Mental Ability and Reasoning; Rajasthan’s current events, both national and international in scope.
There are four papers in all, each of which takes three hours to complete. Students’ grades are crucial in determining the final merit ranking.There are questions with short, medium, and long answers.
Let’s have a look at the mains syllabus for the four papers:
Paper 1 has 25 short questions, 16 medium questions, and 7 long questions, for a total of 48 questions and 200 marks. History, Economics, Sociology, and Accounting are on the syllabus.
Paper 2 has 15 short questions, 14 medium questions, and 10 long questions, for a total of 39 questions and 200 marks.
Science and Technology, Administrative Ethics, and Earth Science are on the syllabus.
Paper 3 has 25 short questions, 16 medium questions, and 7 long questions, for a total of 48 questions and 200 marks.
Current events, Indian and global politics, sports and laws, public administration concepts, and yoga are all on the syllabus.
Paper 4 has Comprehension, Essay Writing, Grammar, and Translation for general Hindi and English.
Eligibility for the examination
To be eligible for Rajasthan Administrative Services test, you must meet the following requirements.
- One must be at least 21 years old to participate. Students from various castes are allowed appropriate age relaxation.
- It would be advantageous if you graduated from any recognised college with a bachelor’s degree in any field.
- One must be an Indian citizen to be eligible. It makes no difference who you are or where you are from. Other state applicants are classified as members of the General Caste, and students from Rajasthan are given priority over those from other states.
- There’s no limit to how many times you can attempt for the exam. You can take the exam if you are beneath the requisite age.
Some tips to maximize your marks in RAS Mains:
- When it comes to choosing, one must exercise extreme caution. A teacher cannot do everything for you; all he can do is point you in the right direction, and it is up to you to follow it. When it comes to any competitive exam, reading a book has always been the finest alternative. Keep your study materials organised and don’t stray, and you’ll be left with a large number of books to choose from at the end of the day.
- Study according to the syllabus, not the books. In most cases, books are not written in accordance with UPSC guidelines. They include more information than is necessary for the exam.
- The language paper number 4 of the mains is the most scoring paper, thus prepare for it. This is thought to be the most straightforward and selection-confirming paper.
- Know the syllabus because it is the most significant aspect of all the others. Don’t overstuff oneself with books and study materials. This wastes time and causes you to fall behind in the queue.
- Taking notes is an art form. For each topic on the syllabus, try to write one-page notes. Making well-organized notes will help you revise more effectively before the exam.
- You might need some professional advice on how to take notes. Many RAS coachings are available on the market, all of which offer the greatest advice from the best teachers. The RPSC RAS Preparation requires extensive and consistent practise. As a result, taking notes on what you’re learning is critical. Handwritten notes are an essential element of the RPSC RAS exam preparation. Throughout exam time and during revision, the notes are really useful.
- It is vital to revise if you want to get chosen and to get information into your head. If you reviewed the subject more than you learned it, it would be beneficial. The best individuals revise on a daily basis.
- Another crucial advice for RAS preparation is to ignore your surrounds; individuals may backstab you and try to drag you away from your goal. Never become frustrated, avoid such people, and stay focused on your goal.
- Furthermore, don’t compare your preparation to that of other candidates, as they may be stronger in some areas while you may be stronger in others. Be yourself, as each pupil is unique and has various abilities.
- Students may also take advantage of internet study materials. Without having to go to a classroom, there are a lot of YouTube channels and smartphone apps that can help students prepare for RAS. When using online resources, candidates must be cautious because there is a torrent of material that may divert attention away from the main purpose.
- It is critical to stay up with current events. The current affairs of Rajasthan, in particular, are crucial for the RAS test. The newspaper does not present a complete picture of current events since it includes extraneous material. Current events publications are offered in book stores on a monthly basis.
- Aside from that, the exam series allows students to see where they rank among aspirants, which helps them improve on the sections where they are having difficulty. Participate in a RAS Coaching exam series. Following the test series, past exam papers are equally significant; you know the details of the question, the paper pattern, and how the questions are prepared, so you won’t experience anything new when you sit in the exam.
- Don’t spend more than 15 hours on studies, therefore be precise in your research and preparation. This is only a rumour about the RAS exam that has propagated throughout society. It’s critical to stay on track with your studies, and you can do so by studying for 7-9 hours every day with your entire mind focused on learning.
- Take care of your health and maintain a social life, as you will need to interact with others, play games, and spend time with your family in order to prepare for such a difficult exam. People say RAS aspirants don’t have a social life and spend their days studying. However, maintaining a regular study schedule is dependent on having a social life and spending time with your family. It re-energizes you, and doing these things keeps you active, enthusiastic, and ready for the next round of preparations.
- Eating healthful foods and maintaining a balanced diet are essential for maintaining good health. Eating healthy foods maintains your body in good shape, and we all know that a healthy body leads to a healthy soul.
- Answering writing for the mains is critical, and you should try to prepare your answer to get the best potential grade. Many students claim that despite writing everything relevant to the question, they did not receive good grades. The reason for this is because their method of giving answers was ineffective, as there are not only marks for answers, but also for how you present your answer to the examining body.
- Many students consider it a hypothetical question about the need for RAS exam preparation. So, here is a suggestion for you. It is critical to undertake self-study, and those who commit their time to self-study rather than spending it on other things are selected.
- Coaching is also crucial, but it is not required, and if you do decide to join, make sure you join the finest RAS coaching that will help you prepare rather than waste your time. Finally, create a Time Table for yourself and attempt to stick to it. Many of us set a schedule but forget to follow it or are unable to do so.
Test series are an important component of the preparation process since they let students to evaluate their performance once the syllabus has been completed and revised.
The secret to succeeding in the RPSC RAS exam is to practise composing mains answers. Edukemy’s RPSC RAS Mains Test series will help you prepare for Mains 2022:
-Designed to assist you in staying on track.
-Providing you with the ability to write answers
-During the preparation, consolidate your concepts and identify and eradicate your weak spots.
-With tests created by qualified academics, you can practise the most likely questions.
Edukemy’s curriculum seeks to make aspirants MAINS READY by identifying potential themes and preparing them with response writing skills, continuous revision and preparation that saves time and preparation centred on questions and answers, with handwritten model responses provided.
Practising previous years paper
RPSC RAS previous year papers can help you prepare for the RPSC RAS Prelims and Mains exams. Using the RPSC RAS past year papers can help with RPSC RAS preparation suggestions. You can also utilise the RPSC RAS question papers to make a list of relevant topics and see how the RPSC RAS test questions are asked. You can study several papers for RPSC RAS Preparation tips, which will help you understand different types of questions and the patterns followed by the board.
There is a little distinction between those who pass the cut-off and those who fall behind. The difference is in the scheduling; the student who divides his time properly for proper sleep, study, and entertainment has an advantage over his peers.
One of the most difficult tests is the RPSC RAS. Rajasthan PSC exam is a state PSC exam that requires a great deal of commitment and effort. Passing the exam is a virtual certainty when resolve is matched with the appropriate approach and well-structured strategy. It’s not just about the RAS officer’s pay and benefits. You have a one-of-a-kind reputation in the community, and you are seen as the ultimate authority at work. You’ll become a more responsible citizen as a result of this experience. This could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for patriots who have always wanted to do something for their nation. As a RAS officer, you have a variety of alternatives for helping everyday people.
One can also participate in the development of government policies that will benefit our citizens. This is a straightforward but prestigious role that will earn you a lot of respect and possibly advance you to the next level. Let’s gear up and do our best to succeed.