In addition to knowing how challenging it is to crack the UPSC examination, Gayathri Krishnan knew that the path ahead would be filled with obstacles and challenges.
Even though Gayathri Krishnan was very determined to make a difference in society for its well-being, she was confident too that if she put her 100% into it, she could achieve any goal.
Let’s get a look into the journey of how Gayathri Krishnan achieved her goal of clearing the exam and how important and aspiring it is for all the other aspirants who are preparing for the exam.
The journey leading to becoming an IAS
- Before deciding that she want to serve the country as a civil servant Gayathri Krishnan completed her graduation as a B-Tech engineer from the year 2002 to 2006
- She was always very kind and passionate toward her fellow beings and this led her to decide that she want to become a civil servant.
- In addition to her genuine motives and compassion for helping others, she also had a pure and clean conscience, which was crucial in her passing the test.
The top ten strategies to clear UPSC in the first attempt are Listed below.
- Start your preparation before others: This is a highly competitive exam where every aspirant is giving their 200% for the same position and to give it a cutthroat competition one should start before everyone else. How to do that?
- Start preparing your timetables, and study plans, and look after mock papers and materials before starting your actual preparation so that there is no waste of time, or planning during the actual preparation.
- Sort out your books by researching the best available source and keep it to a minimum and do not go overboard, 1-to 2 materials for each subject are enough
- Before starting, prepare yourself mentally and get a clear view of what you are getting into because mental strength is very much important as also said by IAS Gayathri Krishnan UPSC is not a sprint its rather a marathon, and one needs to stay strong till end and persevere
- It is important to be aware of the exam, not act like a fool, and not prepare extremely old material without obtaining the latest updates. This exam requires you to be updated at every step, from the general knowledge and current affairs section to the exam pattern, everything keeps changing.
- There are very important foundations and basics, and ignoring them might cost you a lot, and not just Gayathri Krishnan but most of the toppers use the same book, the NCERT, which is the bible for UPSC. In addition to reading the book twice before sitting for the exam, aspirants should make notes and highlight important details.
- After your basics are strong you are good to go for advanced learning as for the exam the syllabus is everything and one should not limit themselves from learning.
- Besides NCERT there are many toppers suggested books available, which should also be taken into consideration and keep in mind that only 1-2 books for each subject are enough for advanced studies.
- Also, aspirants now can refer to various youtube videos for reference as the internet has made it easier and accessible for anyone to solve their doubts on any topics or understand anything in-depth with just a video.
- Students from other fields like engineering and medical science find it more difficult as they are not familiar with this form of theoretical learning and up to graduation their focus was more practical oriented so they need to get a very clear idea about the exam.
- Students should also invest their time in making realistic goals and not imaginary because making goals that are not practical is just a waste of time and this will lead to more disappointments and dead ends which is not good for the preparation.
- Choosing an optional subject is an extremely important aspect and somehow it also decided your chances of clearing the exam, one should think and analyze properly and then only choose the subject because regretting later might not work.
- Well this one is very common and probably you have seen and heard about this in every place and that is reading newspapers and articles being updated plays an immense part in the UPSC exam and reading newspapers and for a fact listening to informative podcasts also work one should find their comfort way and stick to that.
Results of Gayathri Krishnan’s UPSC exam, mark sheet
- In the foundation course, the written exam Gayathri scored 106.17
- In the Foundation assessment also she did a very great job and was able to score 113.63.
- For the phase 1 written exam, her marks were 248 marks
- Similarly, she did well in the Phase assessment exam and got 178.07
- For the Phase 2 district training, she maintained her consistency of good work and scored 174.74.
|UPSC written marks||1058|
Her amazing performance in CSE 2011 earned her an all-India rank of 433.
Postings of IAS Gayathri Krishnan
After clearing the exam in 2011 Gayathri Krishnan went for her IAs training and was posted in the Tamil Nadu cadre for the first time.
After that, she is currently posted as the Joint Commissioner of commercial taxes, Coimbatore.
In the year 2021, she has been appointed as the district governor of Thiruvarur
Gayathri Krishnan is the 30th elected district collector of Thiruvarur.
Journey as an IAS officer
- Gayathri Krishnan originally belongs to Kerala and was previously posted in Pollachi, where the people admired her and her management skills, she was not only very close and connected to the people there but also looked after their needs and welfare of the area very well.
- In Pollachi, she also conducted a project where for the construction of roads a lot of trees were required to be cut down but Gayathri Krishnan took it as a challenge and she relocated the tress intact with the help of the locals and the project was made successful because of her also with minimum damage to the environment.
- In that project, she directly took charge personally and contacted various youth organizations and locals in demand of help and cooperation. Gayathri Krishnan believes in teamwork. This is one of her greatest qualities that lead to greater achievements and success.
- She also managed her area very well and efficiently during the Covid 19 pandemic as she was then posted as the director of commerce in Coimbatore.
Some unknown facts about Gayathri Krishnan
- Many people might not know this but Salman khan is the favorite actor of IAS Gayathri Krishnan, from her college days she is been a huge fan and has seen many of his films in the theatre as well.
- Also IAS Gayathri Krishnan admires actress, and dancer Madhuri Dixit very much and is a huge fan of hers she also used to admire her favorite actor Salman Khan and Madhuri Dixit duo very much and they were her favorite couple.
- Not only Bollywood IAS Gayathri Krishnan shares her fair interest in the field of sports as well and football is her favorite sport she enjoys watching this game very much and her favorite player is Messi.