“I have lived in many states of India, and thus this helped me to see India as a united nation and not just any particular state or city I live in” this was none other than the famous IFS officer Vikram Grewal, while most of the aspirants who give the UPSC CSE exam aim for being an IAS or IPS officer, on the other hand, Vikram Grewal being uniquely made his priority to be an IFS officer he was very much fascinated by the platform an IFS officer is given and always dreamt of representing India as a nation, and to him choosing a particular district or cadre would be very difficult because of his vision.
Let’s get a brief look into IFS Vikram Grewal’s journey and how it defines to be an inspirational story that every aspirant must know
Vikram Grewal’s early life
Vikram Grewal has always been very sincere and studious with his academics though due to his father’s service in the army he used to get transferred from one part of the country to another one almost every 2 years still Vikram did not let it affect his studies, Rather he invested his time more to love his country and the parts of it, and noticed no matter how different the culture and languages get, still the hearts of the people are connected and India itself is a singular nation no matter in how many states or parts it is divided in, those are all just political barriers.
What is the educational background of IFS Vikram Grewal?
- Vikram scored 10CGPA in his 10th standard as he was always a bright student.
- V. Grewal achieved 97% in his class 12th.
- After his 12th standard, Vikram got his bachelor’s degree in History from the reputed college of St. Stephans, Delhi.
“Preparation is not the hardest part once someone is determined” – Vikram Grewal
- Fear of exams: From his early childhood only, Vikram had given numerous entrance exams, due to his father’s transfer he had to take admitted to a different school every few years, and due to that phase of his life, Vikram was never afraid of exams and the only reason behind it was that he never ran away from the exams and instead faced them, simultaneously practicing mock tests and practice tests also plays a huge part in the preparation of the aspirants. So according to Vikram Grewal before sitting for any exam, it is very important to take out the fear of that exam or that fear might take over and result in bad grades and disappointments.
- Failures are a part of this journey: “If you are thinking of serving this huge country and giving UPSC to be an IPS, IFS, or IAS or for saying any civil servant which is a huge deal of responsibility and is afraid of failures, it is better to not sit for the exam in the first place.” Even if you fail it is important to learn the lesson and find out what you did wrong and try again rather than losing hope in it.
- NCERT is the key: From class 11th itself, Vikram had started collecting the NCERT books and was very clear about his aim in life. For the first 2 months of his preparation, he completely focused on the NCERT books and completed them thoroughly.
- Nothing can be achieved without self-study: From the very beginning Vikram decided that he would devote most of his time to self-study only rather than wasting time on other strategies, he knew that self-study is the key to best results so he would only take the notes and important lecture materials from his coaching and went there for only specific doubts and devote most of his time making his one-liner notes, flashcards and most important revision.
Unique Strategies by UPSC topper to crack the exam.
- Cutting a slack for some recreation is not a bad thing, as said by IFS Vikram Grewal during his preparation phase he has stopped his social media usage, but he never stopped watching films and web series as studying the whole day and no recreation seems to decrease his productivity and including a short but of time for recreation added a hint of freshness to his mind and helped him to work more efficiently
- It is very important to keep a track of the time as, it is the foremost and most important part of any preparation and one should keep a note of their work and what is taking up their time rather than being clueless and just mugging up books, strategical plans of studying and smart work along with hard work is required to gain results
- Concentration and focusing are different than getting inside a shell and not interacting with anyone are different, getting social skills is very much important as well, also interacting with different kinds of people not only helps in gaining perspective but also these experiences and gain of perspective and vision will help in the mains and interview round, as according to IFS Vikram Grewal no experience in life is a waste
- Reading the newspaper is also an important part, IFS officer Vikram Grewal used to read the esteemed daily regularly to keep updated, and not only that he also used to make important highlight notes from it and revise it
- The different strategy works for different students, there is no full-proof one-way road to success it all comes with practice analysis of your strengths and weaknesses, and no other person or all might goggle could tell you what will work for you
Social Media presence of IFS Vikram Grewal
- Ifs Vikram Grewal believes that today’s generation is highly influenced by social media and the best way to motivate them is through the voice of social media.
- Vikram is highly active on his Twitter account and he tweets almost daily regarding various topics of social and political interests, not only that he also replies and retweets on a daily basis, on his Twitter handle there are almost 25k followers as well.
- IFS Grewal also holds a blog by the name BESAN KA HALWA in that blog he keeps on updating about the civil services and motivational posts this blog is quite famous among the ones who are interested in similar fields.
IFS Vikram Grewal has proved his point that if an individual aim for something and plans for it accordingly that never goes to waste, and this is a lesson every aspirant must keep in their mind.
Vikram Grewal is currently serving the country as an IFS officer.
Vikram Grewal wanted to be an IFS officer because he wanted to represent his country at a global level, which according to him would be a very honorable opportunity to him.
In the year 2019 Vikram Grewal achieved the rank of 51 in the UPSC CSE exam.
Vikram Grewal scored a total of 161 marks on his essay paper which is considered to be a very good marks.