Being a Doctor is a dream for many and every year lakhs of aspirants sit for the medical entrance exam to fulfill their and their family’s dream.
K. Vasuki had a dream like this and wanted to serve people as a doctor.
But destiny had other plans for her and when she managed to become a doctor she realized that she was not doing enough and she had more roles to play to serve the country and this is how our country got its gem IAS officer.
Let’s get a look into K. Vasuki’s inspiring journey.
With this article, you will get to know how to focus, how dedication helps one in their journey, and how single-mindedness motivates one to clear all the hurdles.
What inspired K. Vasuki to change her path of focus from Medical to IAS?
- After completing school Vasuki cleared her medical entrance exam and secured a seat in a well-known government medical college.
- She started her medical journey with the inspiration to serve the people as a doctor.
- From her very childhood, she was always very concerned about the well-being of the people and was very much compassionate.
- But soon after she started working in the general wards of the hospital as a student she got to know what is the reality of this country.
- The health cases of children suffering from malnutrition, and improper sanitation have been rising every then.
- The government was not doing enough to keep this in check as well.
- After viewing all this Vasuki was very much overwhelmed and did not know if she could do enough.
Change of mind and path.
While her duty in the general wards of the government hospitals she was very much in grief and she believed that this is not enough of what she was doing.
Somewhere she knew there was more to do on her part and she had a greater role to play in giving back to the society she belonged.
The decision to change her field of focus came after long sessions of thought and evaluating all the reasons, pros, and cons.
She realized that there are doctors who are working day and night to treat people who are suffering but there are few people with the government to think about other problems like poverty and starvation.
Sanitation, and poverty starvation three are of the major issues faced by India right now, and these needs immediate remedies.
IAS journey of K. Vasuki
- Soon after making up her mind to serve the country in another way she did not waste a minute thinking and procrastinating.
- She prepared for a whole year with full dedication and without wasting any time.
- She knew how to tackle pressure and how to study under pressure this was a never forgetting lesson that she got while preparing for her medical entrance.
- Studied smartly and maintained consistency for the whole year and barely missed or wasted a day of preparation.
- K. Vasuki was able to clear the UPSC exam in the year 2008 and managed to achieve the All India Rank 97.
- Her main motivation to clear this exam was to make this world a better place to live and to minimize the suffering of the children living in poor conditions.
- Children fighting every day for basic needs were her top priority, and she wanted to minimize their suffering.
- After her training, she joined the Madhya Pradesh cadre and later transferred to the Kerala cadre.
IAS Vasuki played her role well as an IAS officer.
- At the beginning of her career as an IAS officer, K. Vasuki was posted in the Madhya Pradesh cadre.
- After tying knots, Vasuki changed her cadre to Tamil Nadu.
- Her efforts in implementing the green protocol and preventing plastic waste were appreciated during her tenure as Director of “The Suchitwa Mission”.
- Her consistent efforts during the 2015 National games in Kerala prevented plastic from being used.
- It was due to her constant efforts and hard work that she was able to carry out such successful missions and plans and made her region proud.
Lesson to learn from the journey of K. Vasuki.
- After Dr. Vasuki realized the real face of the world, where women suffer many hardships, children suffer malnutrition, and child abuse is common, he began to work on improving the world.
- As a result, she became adamant about becoming an IAS officer who could help eradicate all this.
- You don’t leave any stone unturned if you’re adamant about achieving something, so it’s no different when you want to become an IAS officer.
- K. Vasuki was adamant not just about serving her country as a doctor but as an IAS officer. Having been adamant about achieving her dream, she was able to make her dream come true.