Being an IPS or IAS officer is one of the highest posts in our country that holds a position of great responsibility and respect.
Aishwarya Sharma is one of the bravest and well known IPS officers.
Her dedication and compassion toward her responsibilities and work are commendable.
In order to achieve this respected position one must crack one of the dreadful examinations which is UPSC, this examination requires top-level preparation.
One of the fascinating factors of this exam is that the exam is conducted throughout the year.
Family, inspiration, and the background of IPS Aishwarya Sharma
She got her inspiration to become a civil servant from her father.
Mr. A.K Sharma is also a well-known responsible IPS officer who has devoted his life to the welfare of the people.
Aishwarya considered her father an idol and always wanted to be like him.
To small Aishwarya, her father was like a superhero who managed the well-being of the place or district he was posted in.
And soon she also decided to join him and be like her father.
Aishwarya’s mother is a homemaker and also supported her throughout her journey to become an IPS officer, she always supported and motivated Aishwarya in every step even at times when Aishwarya was not able to have confidence in herself as well.
Aishwarya Sharma has an elder brother as well who works in HCL, Seattle as an electrical engineer.
- IPS Aishwarya has been in many different schools for obvious reasons as her father was a civil servant and there were frequent job posting changes.
- In total, she studied in 12 different schools.
- She completed her schooling at Delhi Public School, Bhopal.
- After her school, she decided to pursue B-Tech like her elder brother and sat for the JEE mains examination.
- She scored well in that national-level engineering exam as well and secured a seat in NIT, Bhopal itself.
- She completed her B-Tech as an electrical engineer.
- Later in the year 2015, she decided to prepare for UPSC and started her preparation without any delay.
UPSC journey, plans, and strategies of IPS Aishwarya Sharma
- With the completion of her graduation, Aishwarya did not waste a minute deciding if she wanted to sit for the exam, because she was already determined.
- Also, Aishwarya knew well that self-study is the most important part of the preparation.
- Therefore she did not opt for any kind of mainstream coaching institute but rather focused on self-preparation.
- Her strategy was to stick to the single best sources and books for each subject and not meaninglessly pile up lots of books.
- Like all the toppers IAS Sharma also believes that NCERT is the base of any competitive exam preparation.
- Mock papers and paper writing practice are extremely necessary because only practice will bring perspective and efficiency.
- Indulging in meaningful political and social conversation also plays an important part in the preparation.
- This improves speaking skills, convincing skills, social skills, and conversation skills as well.
Why reading the newspaper the right way is important for a UPSC aspirant?
Newspapers are the best way to get updated daily, But the paper contains a lot of things and information as well.
It is not possible to mug up every detail and fact.
IAS Aishwarya used to read the esteemed daily every day during her preparation within 1-2 hours.
you can get to know about the right way of reading the newspaper efficiently by checking out the below link.
UPSC mains is one of the toughest battles.
- In the first attempt itself, IAS Aishwarya was able to crack the prelims but did not qualify after the Mains.
- She took her lessons from her first attempt and started working on her mistakes as soon as possible.
- Previously she focused mainly on MCQs, newspapers, and personality development skills.
- This time she understood that this is not enough.
- IAS Sharma in her second attempt wanted no stones to be unturned in her preparation.
- She practiced answer writing in different styles and in a given amount of time as well.
- Aishwarya believes that answer writing is itself a skill, the way a student explains and puts their opinions into mere words is an art.
- It is very easy to get misinterpreted and to avoid that, one must practice harder to get themselves clear and write to-the-point answers.
In the aftermath of the first attempt, how to overcome the monotony
Many aspirants are not able to clear the exam, on the first attempt. There may be ample reasons for that.
Lack of practice
Not taking enough mock tests
Tackling work and study together
Trying to gulp down lots of books and sources for the same subject.
Similarly, after the 1st attempt reading the same things through the approach was better this time, but it Aishwarya was a bit more distressed.
It was getting more overwhelming day by day and she was determined that she will not allow this monotony to come in between her preparation.
How to overcome monotony in your 2nd attempt
- Try to change your approach and point of view.
- Do not keep the same routine, mix and match the schedules.
- IAS Sharma used to listen to All India Radio which helped her to reduce the monotony at the same time she gathered information as well.
- Listen to music while doing minimal things in your schedule.
- Try to not get mentally exhausted and keep having refreshing activities like exercise, painting, gardening, yoga, etc.
What you need to know about writing your main paper answers.
- Read the question and understand it completely, do not be in a rush to start writing the answer.
- Before starting to write the answer, make a framework of the answer mentally.
- With effective and daily practice, this could be achieved.
- Do not overstretch the answers and beat around the bust to make it clear and to the point.
These were some of the basic strategies used by IAS Aishwarya in her second attempt at the Mains Exam of UPSC.
A UPSC candidate’s choice of optional subject is crucial
Aishwarya Sharma made a series of mistakes in her first attempt but did not forget to take valuable lessons from them.
In her first attempt, she chose Electrical engineering as her optional subject.
This was one of her worst mistakes and though she knew she was not much comfortable with her choice due to her B-Tech background she chose that.
In her next attempt, she went through her own analysis of the previous year’s papers and knowledge and decided to take up Economics.
This decision proved to be a better one.
So IAS Aishwarya suggests all the aspirants to not do what everyone is doing or saying.
Rather go by your own analysis and research and of course your comfort zone.
How to choose the optional subject– https://edukemy.com/blog/what-are-the-different-optional-subjects-in-upsc-and-how-to-choose-one/
How IAS Aishwarya Sharma prepared for her UPSC interview
- IAS Sharma always had an intriguing personality but she never stopped improving herself.
- She believed that rater copying and telling generic answers is better than being yourself.
- Maintain your originality, do not tell mugged-up answers from newspapers or magazines.
- Try to put forward your honest valuable opinion.
- Keep subtle eye contact while answering but try not to stare.
- Even if the interviewers are getting casual always remember it is a very formal place to be in.
Marksheet of IAS Aishwarya Sharma
- The continuous efforts and hard work did pay off and she was successful in clearing the exam on the 2nd attempt.
- This is her mark sheet.
|Essay paper 1||127|
|General Studies 1||123|
|General Studies 2||103|
|General Studies 3||112|
|General Studies 4||115|
|Optional 2 (Economics)||157|
Postings and journey after clearing UPSC.
After B-Tech Aishwarya did her masters in police management.
Aishwarya was posted in the Maharashtra cadre and also completed her probation from Kolhapur.
IAS Aishwarya got her first posting in Pune.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FAQ: Who is Aishwarya Sharma IPS?
Answer: Aishwarya Sharma is an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer known for her dedication to law enforcement. She has served in various capacities, displaying commendable leadership skills and commitment to maintaining law and order.
FAQ: What are Aishwarya Sharma’s notable achievements in her IPS career?
Answer: Aishwarya Sharma has achieved several milestones in her IPS career. Notable among them is her successful handling of complex criminal cases and her efforts in implementing community policing initiatives to bridge the gap between law enforcement and the public.
FAQ: In which states have Aishwarya Sharma served as an IPS officer?
Answer: Aishwarya Sharma’s career has seen her serve in multiple states across India, showcasing her versatility and adaptability as an IPS officer. Specific details may vary over time, so it’s advisable to refer to the latest official information for her current posting.
FAQ: Is Aishwarya Sharma involved in any social or community-oriented projects?
Answer: Aishwarya Sharma is known for her active involvement in community outreach programs. She has initiated and participated in various projects aimed at fostering better relationships between the police force and the community. This reflects her commitment to creating a safer and more harmonious society.
FAQ: How can the public stay updated on Aishwarya Sharma’s activities and initiatives?
Answer: To stay informed about Aishwarya Sharma’s latest activities, one can follow her official social media profiles, if available. Additionally, news articles and official press releases from law enforcement agencies often highlight her contributions and achievements in the field of policing. Always rely on credible sources for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
In case you still have your doubts, contact us on 9811333901.
For UPSC Prelims Resources, Click here
For Daily Updates and Study Material:
Join our Telegram Channel – Edukemy for IAS
- 1. Learn through Videos – here
- 2. Be Exam Ready by Practicing Daily MCQs – here
- 3. Daily Newsletter – Get all your Current Affairs Covered – here
- 4. Mains Answer Writing Practice – here