IAS and IPS officers are among the most potent and responsible individuals in our country.
With the proper use of the powers and initiatives, they could do wonders for the country’s upliftment.
Gaurav Goyal is considered to be one of the most famous and worthy IAS officers in the country.
Let’s get a look at his background, achievements, work, family, and UPSC preparation.
Educational Background of IAS Gaurav Goyal
So to begin with let’s get a brief look into IAS Gaurav Goyal’s educational accounts.
- Gaurav completed his schooling at Vidya Bharti school, Sikar, and was a bright student overall.
- He was good at sports as well as in academics and his parents never really had to deal with any kind of complaints.
- After his school, he also did intermediate at one of the prestigious schools that is Birla Public school as well.
- IAS Gaurav Goyal pursued his B-com from Kirorimal college, Delhi university. This college is one of the best colleges to pursue a B-com degree.
- After successfully completing his B-com he got his MS degree in Financial accounting.
The reasons behind Gaurav Goyal’s decision to become a civil servant
The idea of being a civil servant came to young Gaurav Goyal’s mind when he was in college during his final years.
As we know that Delhi is a prime location for UPSC preparation and many aspirants from all over the country come to Delhi for their preparation.
A strong environment of preparation surrounded him, and he became more determined as he learned more about his roles and responsibilities.
The duties and the work he could do for the people fascinated him and he believed that he could be a perfect fit for the role and make himself and his family proud.
During his college days, he was also associated with and involved with a major international investment firm and they needed him to come to America to work with them.
But Gaurav’s mother was reluctant about this and wanted her son to stay back in India and not go abroad.
This incident made his decision more strong and he was headstrong to crack UPSC and be an IAS officer.
How did Gaurav Goyal crack UPSC in his first attempt
- After deciding that this is what he wanted to do, and serve the people in the country he worked hard to like anything.
- His relentless work from his final year in college and the very obvious supporting environment from preparation helped him to crack UPSC in the first go.
- Gaurav believed that self-study and revision were the actual game changer and he made these two the strongest part of his preparation.
- After working a lot the whole year, and giving his best in the exams he finally cracked the IAS exam on his first attempt.
Postings and work of IAS Gaurav Goyal
As discussed before IAS Gaurav Goyal is one of the courageous and ambitious IAS officers.
The one astonishing quality he possesses is he knows how to use his position for the goodwill of his people.
He is very famous in Rajasthan for his work and is quite loved by the people over there.
In the beginning, he was posted in Barmer and did his work excellently over there.
Achievements in Barmer
- IAS Gaurav Goyal worked relentlessly to convert a drought-prone area in Barmer into usable land, he did work really hard, and with the proper implementation of MGNREGA, he was able to do it.
- This really was one of his greatest achievements and many officials and seniors praised him as well.
Other achievements and special mentions
- In recent years the prime minister of India, Narendra Modi also took notice of his work and praised him for the work he did in his posted district.
- He was praised by our honorable prime minister for the relentless work he did during the demonetization in the year 2016.
- Due to his work, Ajmer was also made one of the five major districts in the state to promote digital India and cashless India.
- This act was also led by IAS officer Gaurav very well and he never failed to amaze everyone with the amount of dedication he shows to his work.
What Gaurav Goyal wants to say to young people!
- Gaurav Goyal wants today’s generation to stop criticizing and pointing at the problems and try to come up with solutions.
- Gaurav thinks that today’s generation is becoming more and more money-oriented and no one looks up to the value they are adding to and are leading meaningless lives.
- The money mentality should be changed and the mentality towards development and upliftment of the overall country should be promoted.
- It needs the effort of the whole country to make things work efficiently and just pointing fingers at how faulty the government is very useless.
- Also, the fact that today’s generation is always looking for shortcuts and this habit is growing each day and this leads to too many problems.
Tips for UPSC aspirants from topper – IAS Gaurav Goyal
- Students must engage in social activities like Yoga, Cricket exercise, and many other activities
- Students should get a mindset of working hard rather than looking for other options and shortcuts to success
- Success is not an easy platter to get, one must persevere hard enough to get it.
- Meditation should be made an internal part of daily routine, this not only helps to retain focus but keeps your mind calm as well.
Gaurav Goyal’s position on social media: what does he think?
- Social media is becoming a bane rather than a boon lately.
- Students pick up their phones for a 5-minute break and spend hours scrolling.
- Internet is lately just highlighting the wrong uncalled for news that holds no importance and the actual important news is getting lost amidst all of it.
- During the preparation at least students must not use any kind of phones or gadgets unless it is for educational purposes.
- For information and highlights newspapers and magazines are enough and one doesn’t require the internet for that.
Gourav goyal was born in the year 1984 and he is currently 48 years old.
IAS officer Gaurav was able to secure the AIR 10th rank in his first attempt in the UPSC exam.