Nitika Khandelwal, an accomplished and resilient individual, has made a mark as an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer by showcasing exceptional skills in overcoming challenges. With a deep-rooted commitment to public service, Nitika has demonstrated an unwavering determination to navigate the complexities of her role. Her ability to overcome obstacles with grace and strategic thinking has set her apart in the challenging realm of administrative services. Nitika’s leadership style is characterized by a pragmatic approach, innovative problem-solving, and a keen understanding of the diverse issues faced by the community. Her career is a testament to her tenacity and the adept manner in which she tackles obstacles, turning them into opportunities for positive change. Nitika Khandelwal stands as an inspiration, illustrating that with resilience and a strategic mindset, one can successfully navigate the intricate landscape of public service.
But these are all possible if someone is mentally and physically fit. What if someone is not physically fit, what if one is visually impaired? Here is the inspiring true story of IAS Nitika Khandelwal who is visually impaired but has qualified for the UPSC exam and is now a civil servant.
Problems faced by Nitika Khandelwal, postings, and achievements.
Nitika Khandelwal was born and brought up in Roorkee, a city in Uttarakhand, India. After qualifying for the UPSC exam, she became an administrative officer in India. Nitika is currently posted as the Joint Magistrate of Roorkee.
In Spite of being visually impaired, Nitika Khandelwal cracked the UPSC exam with AIR 857. What an inspiration she is! Her being visually paired does not stop her from doing what she wants. She, Nitika Khandelwal not only cracked the IAS exam but also she is assigned as the Assistant Secretary at the Department of School Education and literacy. Her dedication and loyalty toward our society have made her overcome all the obstacles. Nitika motivates every single person to work hard for their goal and achieve it.
UPSC rank of the extraordinary Nitika Khandelwal
Nitika Khandelwal cleared the UPSC CSE examination in 2014 with AIR 857.
This is something really extraordinary because she is not physically fit, she is visually impaired. Nitika never made that an excuse to not do something. In fact, she worked harder to overcome her weakness and follow her passion.
Nitika was always focused on her work and dedicatedly cracked the 2014 UPSC exam achieving an amazing rank of 857.
This shows that one can never have a greater excuse than their goal. It is always about your will if you want to do it or not. Whatever the circumstances are, you have to work through them and create your place.
Is Nitika Khandelwal married?
IAS Nikita Khandelwal has been married for quite a while. Nikita has been married to Rahul Gupta. They are happily married and are currently living in Roorkee, Uttarakhand which is their hometown of both.
To see your name on the top ranker’s list, you must follow these tips and tricks shared by many top UPSC qualifiers including Nitika Khandelwal.
- Firstly, in the prelims paper, if you attempt 75-85 questions, there is a high chance of scoring good marks because there is also a possibility of getting answers incorrect which can cost you negative markings. And if you attempt below that range, you must be very sure of the answers that are mostly correct. This confidence comes with practice and time management.
- There is a gap of like 3 months between prelims and mains which should not be wasted. Students sometimes think that there is much time left so we can rest but no, this is not the time to rest. You have to buckle up and work even harder to score maximum marks in this exam as this is your main qualifier exam.
- In the main exam, it is very important to attempt all the questions because each question carries a different perspective so the examiner wants to know your whole perspective. You have to manage your time accordingly in the exam so that you can attempt all the questions.
- This point is related to the previous point. In the aforementioned point, it is said that it is important to attempt all the questions in the prelims but how is that possible? Generally, students make a mistake that the portion of the paper they are more comfortable with or the questions they know, they write too much about it which is not required. You have to give the answer to the point and explain your view without having to give your every bit of knowledge to it. So here, if you write accordingly, time will be saved and you can definitely attempt all the questions.
- For the interview round, follow the newspapers like The Hindu Times, and The Indian Express, which are very helpful. Other than that, be very confident in front of the interviewers. Not a single drop of sweat should fall from your face, you have to relax and calm yourself down. The interviewers are very polite so there is no reason for you to be tense. So show full confidence and answer the questions in a clear voice.
Top strategies to prepare for UPSC – By Nitika Khandelwal
To become a civil servant, you have to qualify for the UPSC CSE exam. 7-8 lakhs of students take this exam every year, so it is very difficult to stand out. But the following tips and strategies shared by IAS Officers who have cleared this exam with flying marks will definitely help you to crack this exam.
- First of all, always do self-study. Taking coaching classes does not matter if you do not study on your own. You have to give the maximum amount of your day in self-preparation. Make a timetable according to your convenience and follow it dedicatedly. Because it does not matter how many classes you do each day, if you do not study yourself, it will all be useless.
- Once you cover the whole syllabus, you must revise it thoroughly. The revision part is very important, it enhances your preparation.
- Choosing the optional should be a very move. You can choose a subject from your graduation or higher secondary which gives you an edge and you should really have an interest in that subject. This decision must be taken wisely.
- One last very important thing is you must practice mock papers and the previous year’s papers. These are mandatory because they clear the concept of questions and the way of writing the answers. Not only that, but it also helps in time management. So this is a must-follow step.
Ideology of Nitika Khandelwal
IAS Nitika Khandelwal says a very simple thing knowledge is important. Knowledge is not something that you read from a book or two but you have to explore the outside world to know more. The youths are the future of our nation so they are the pillars of our society. They must gain knowledge and apply it in real life. They must be keen to know the depth of things, to see the underprivileged sections of society, and to do things to create a better life for others.
Nitika Khandelwal herself works for the underprivileged and uneducated people of society because they are the ones who seek help. So she inspires the youth to do the same. She believes if the youth become determined to help these people, our society will be a happier place. Despite her impaired vision, she has worked so much for society which surely is inspiring. She has cleared the UPSC exam and is constantly working for society. So there is an unstoppable journey ahead of you waiting for you. Have self-belief and board this journey wholeheartedly. You may fail but never lose hope, you try again and you shall definitely succeed.