Annamalai Kuppusamy is one of the successful politicians of Karnataka and has excelled very well after his UPSC journey as well, not only this he generally keeps on adding his names to the headlines of the esteemed dailies and Twitter, You might be thinking there are many politicians and what is special about him, well in this article you will get to know why learning about Mr.Kuppusamy is so important and aspiring for any UPSC aspirant.
The early upbringing, Education, and Aims of Annamalai Kuppusamy.
Early life of IPS Annamalai
Well, Annamalai belongs to a very small rather humble family of farmers from the village named Sokkampatti near Chinnatharapuram in the Karur district.
From where did IPS Annamalai complete his schooling?
Annamalai Kuppusamy completes his schooling in Karur and Namakkal District.
Our IPS Annamalai is a B-Tech graduate and was an aspiring entrepreneur, he did his mechanical engineering in Coimbatore, from PSG college of technology.
Following that he did brilliantly great in the CAT exam and went to the Indian Institute of Management, Lukhnow for an MBA, But this was not it, somehow in the first attempt Annamalai did very well in the UPSC exams as well which he never really planned out and this is where his life took a 180 degrees turn.
From the dream of becoming a successful entrepreneur to a brilliant IPS officer of India, his journey has been an aspiring as well as inspiring one.
5 unknown facts you did not know about IPS Annamalai Kuppusamy
- Annamalai is a public favorite figure and he is often mentioned as the Singham Annamalai by the public because of his brave actions and personality.
- He is the part of Bhartiya Janta party and had active participation in the years of his service.
- In the year 2011 Annamalai Kuppusamy joined the Indian police service and gave his 100% to the service.
- Annamalai K. Is the founder of “We The Leaders Foundation” and not only that he founded and is the pioneer of the course of the Core Talent and Leadership Development private limited.
- Annamalai is a serious officer and takes his work and responsibilities seriously, but that doesn’t mean he cannot have his fair share of interest in other activities, A.Kuppusamy enjoys cycling, and adventures like mountaineering, rock climbing, and trekking as well, his other interests apart from politics are Indian history and its culture.
Kuppusamy’s journey as a Police officer.
Well, Kuppusamy had a great graph of growth in his career let’s take a close look into his professional journey,
- Kuppusamy started his journey in the Indian Police service in September 2013. There he joined and started his journey as an Assistant superintendent of police in the district of Udupi, Karkala subdivision.
- In 2015, Annamalai was promoted to the position of superintendent in the same place where he was serving as the assistant superintendent, of the Udupi district. He served there for 2 years until the end of 2016.
- After serving as the superintendent of Udupi District, Kuppusamy was transferred to Chikkamagaluru, and there he also served as the SP ie superintendent up to 2018.
- After completing his tenure in Chikkamagaluru, he was promoted as the Deputy Commissioner of police, in Bangalore, south India.
- After working a while Kuppusamy felt that he has contributed much from his side as an IPS and now he wants to serve the people differently and resigned from the post of IPS in 2018, and decided to join politics.
- During his tenure, he also headed many drug awareness campaigns and took measurable steps against the selling of drugs, tobacco, and cigarettes. Not only this he was also a promising speaker and gave speeches at various college events against addiction and consumption of drugs.
- Annamalai also set up many complaint boxes in colleges, and schools for the students to file anonymous complaints against any kind of illegal activities or offenses.
Acts of bravery by Kuppusamy, the lion of Karnataka.
- While he was serving as the assistant superintendent of the police, he once went to a local shop in his are dressed as a civilian, and there he asked for stuff like “gutka, beedi, cigarettes,” which are illegal to be sold in public, and after asking without recognizing the shopkeeper handed him the stuff he asked for and with that, he fined the owner with 30k for seeling this offensive, illegal things in public which he is not supposed to, and after that incident consumption of cigarettes and all these were reduced by a significant percent due to the lack of availability and this was one of the achievements while he was in the early days of his career.
- While he was serving as the superintendent, in 2016 he investigated a case of a 17-year-old innocent girl who was brutally raped and assaulted, and later murdered in this case, Kuppusamy gave his all attention to finding the ones who were guilty and later also found a charity organization in the name of the victim, for this he was praised by many prominent politicians and seniors.
- During his tenure as the superintendent, he also developed a great interest in the Islamic culture and was keen to understand their mindset so that he could more efficiently work towards the communal riots and terrorist acts that took place, this learning also helped him to understand about the organizations like ISIS, SIPI, and Indian Mujahideen.
“More freedom to express my thoughts”- reasons and ideology behind joining BJP
- Kuppusamy mentioned in one of his tweets that for a few days he has been trying to consider his options and he finds BJP to be the perfect fit for him also his ideologies and principles fit in the party more readily than the others, he moreover believes that he is a natural fit for the party.
- He also mentioned that for once he was also considering Dravidian parties but then he realized that those parties were mostly not true to their own beliefs and were not true to their missions as well.
- After Annamalai declared that he was joining Bhartiya Janta Party many people tweeted and made vocal opinions about him and he was mildly criticized as well, but Kuppusamy was not a man who would change his decisions for some mere opinions and thereafter he replied that he has not left his principles and ideologies and being a police officer he was not able to voice his opinions properly and so he wanted to get into politics and found BJP a perfect fit for him and thus decided to go forward with it.
Achievements of Annamalai Kuppusamy
- While Kuppusamy was serving in the police service, he received many awards from his superiors and the ministers.
- The people of Udupi and Chikkamagaluru adored him and when he left, people were very much disheartened the love he received is also considered one of his greatest achievements.
- With the help of Moroccan police, he also conducted a few successful sting operations and he was able to arrest the terrorist criminal Pannache Raja, who took shelter in Morroco but still wasn’t able to outrun Kuppusamy.
- Annamalai also took visible and significant steps against the rape cases and religious riots as well and was also rewarded for bravery and honesty.
Yes, IPS Annamalai is married and his spouse’s name is Akila Swaminathan.
Yes, in the year 2018, he resigned from his post in IPS and he was at that time the deputy commissioner of police in Bangalore.
Annamalai Kuppusamy cleared UPSC in the first attempt itself just after completing his MBA from IIM.
Yes, of course for cracking UPSC the eligibility is of graduation from any stream, and for the exam, it’s not important from which course you belong it just needs good mentorship and dedication as well as determination.